Heat pumps harness heat from the ground, air and water
The heat is there…..lets use it!
How do heat pumps work?
An environmentally friendly alternative to traditional ways of heating & hot water generation
(with increased comfort levels and reduced costs)
There are many different kinds of heat pumps, but they all operate on the same basic principle of heat transfer. Heat transfer means that rather than burning fuel to create heat, a device moves environmental heat from one place to another. In a heat pump, this heat is transferred from a heat source (e.g. the air, ground or water) to a heat destination (e.g. your home).
Heat pumps extract the sun’s heat from air, ground or water and as they work primarily by moving heat, not creating it through burning fuels, they are highly efficient and will significantly reduce your carbon emissions. Traditional systems require about one unit of electricity or gas to generate one unit of heat. Typically you only need one unit of electricity to deliver three or four units of heat with a heat pump. Heat pumps work effectively all year round.
The heat pump is a thermodynamic heating system. The heat drawn from water, ground, or air (outdoor/extract), first passes through an evaporator from which it is fed, via a condenser, into the heating system.
Approximately five parts environmental energy and one part electrical energy are provided as heating energy. Electrical energy is required to “pump” the environmental energy, which is at a low level of -20 °C to +35 °C (air), to a temperature level suitable for heating (DHW).
Why choose Stiebel Eltron heat pumps?
Award-winning heat pumps with a proven track record in the Irish climate
Stiebel Eltron are winners of the Superbrand® award since 2004
Nutherm Galway have partnered with Stiebel Eltron since 2005
Since 2004, the Superbrands organisation has commissioned independent studies to identify the strongest company and product brands in Germany. Our annual rankings are based on reviews from marketing experts, business people and thousands of German consumers.
Superbrands Germany is part of the world’s largest independent brand evaluation organisation that identifies and awards outstanding brands and recognises them and evaluates them with numerous measures.
With Stiebel Eltron you can have the comfort of knowing that you are dealing with a stable and well-established business with a long track record of manufacturing quality green products and designing optimum solutions to your heating, hot water and electrical generation needs. We have installed numerous ground source, air source and water source heat pumps and have the expertise to help ensure the right solution is chosen for every project.
Nutherm Galway have expertise in the design of complete heating systems and the installation, commission and servicing of heat pumps dating back to 2005. We are partners with one of Germany’s leading heat pump manufacturers, Stiebel Eltron since then.
Today, due to their outstanding performance under Irish weather conditions the Stiebel Eltron Air to Water heat pump is our leading selling product. Stiebel Eltron offer a range of predesigned packs to match every situation.
The benefits of Stiebel Eltron heat pumps
- Premium quality award-winning German engineering from a company who have more than 30 years of heat pump manufacturing experience.
- High efficiency of all models ensures best return on investment.
- Sleek and stylish design, the outdoor model doesn’t corrode (like many metal units do, especially in the West of Ireland).
- Designed to provide very high flow temperatures down to an external temperature of -20ºC degrees. This means it will keep on working even in the very coldest of weather, when poor quality heat pumps can struggle.
- Stiebel Eltron offer heat pumps that can reverse the cycle in hot weather (automatically when the temperature indoors and outdoors hits a predetermined level), keeping your home at a comfortable temperature. This is vital in houses with a huge amount of south facing glass, especially as the climate is changing and we are facing extended periods of extreme heat!
- 7 year extended warranty available.
- Free-of-charge site surveys ensure the most appropriate choice of technologies and provide a detailed customised specification.
Are heat pumps good for the environment?
Heat pumps produce zero emissions and eliminate our reliance on oil/gas in our homes
ErP Energy Label for heat pumps
The top of the ErP label displays the name of the manufacturer (I) and the model designation (II) of the product. The rating system for heating heat pumps categorises them into nine efficiency classes. A++ is the highest energy efficiency class. G denotes appliances with extremely poor values.
All Stiebel Eltron heat pumps are in the top rating category, i.e. classes A to A++.